Sunday, December 30, 2012

So 2012 was supposed to be my year to downsize....

Really kinda makes me laugh. I had such good intentions. So here I am almost a year later, and very little decluttering has happened. I started this blog on January 2, and ironically it is December 30. The irony is that I started a day late and I am closing up a day early.

I have had a really busy year, a lot of personal break-throughs and a lot of personal growth. Life has decided I can handle everything it wanted to throw at me in 2012. And I made it! I made it through alive.

I have been working on some New Year's Resolutions...

I never make resolutions at New Year's, because it really is the worst time of year to be making sweeping ultimatum like changes in ones life. Think about it for a few minutes...

...............

December and January are the coldest months of the year, and the darkest, and most of the northern animal population is in hibernation. And we crazy humans decide that this is the time to make big life-changing decisions. Did I already say Crazy?

But this year I think I am going to make an exception. I am making a decision to clear out my life. Of all kinds of crap, the physical kind: like clutter and body image stuff, the emotional stuff: like friendships that aren't working for me. And above all else I need to get rid of the mental crap, the memories and habits that I have been holding on to for way too long that are no longer serving me in my personal growth.

I know it is big and sweeping. But really, I have had it. I am done being the victim. I am not saying I have been victim of others, I have been victimizing myself. I guess that is call playing the martyr. Well I am done with it.

So this is my resolution:

I am not going to keep anything in my life that doesn't serve my higher good.

There I said it.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year, and all the best in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment